Sunday, December 26, 2021

Kamila Valieva won gold at the Russian Championships, Alexandra Trusova - silver, Anna Shcherbakova - bronze

Russian figure skaters set new benchmarks in women's single skating, thanks to which the Russian Championship is becoming more and more interesting every year. Confirming in reality the validity of the phrase that the impossible is possible, our athletes do not cease to amaze. Proof of this was primarily the performance of

Kamila Valieva in St. Petersburg. The 15-year-old figure skater confidently won her first gold of the national championship, with a margin of 35 points. Alexandra Trusova rose from fifth place after the short program and became the owner of silver, and three-time champion of Russia Anna Shcherbakova replenished her collection of awards with bronze. All three athletes - medalists of the championship 2022 - train in the group of Eteri Tutberidze.

127A3614

World junior champion Kamila Valieva confidently and, as they say, with Olympic calmness, performed on the ice of "Yubileiny" her program "Bolero" to the music of Maurice Ravel, with complex technical content - 4C, 3A, 4T + 3T, 4T + oiler + 3C, plus four more triple jumps. The virtuoso, at speed, rotations of the athlete were impressive. As well as in general the rental of the program, which was not to be faulted. A student of Eteri Tutberidze, Sergey Dudakov and Daniil Gleichenhaus scored 193.10 points and a total of 283.48 points - which would allow the athlete to become the first even in the men's tournament, despite the lower coefficient for women for the components of the program.

127A3426

"Today was a very good support of the audience," Camila admitted after the competition. - Even when you get tired, it gives you strength. I was shaking a bit, but I'm very happy to have gathered. I made my program almost to the maximum, - said Camila.

Commenting on her form at the moment, the athlete explained:

- I wouldn't say I'm in the best shape right now. It's a cross between "good" and "average," in my opinion. In training, I can skate better, I will strive for this in competitions. Now we will have a little rest, it will be possible to exhale and gain strength. It's a lot easier to keep fit, even if it varies a little bit, than it is to retype it," Kamila said.

127A3434

The bronze medalist of the World and European Championships Alexandra Trusova took fifth place after the short program due to a drop of 3A, which has not yet been stabilized. The athlete started the free skate to the soundtrack from the film "Cruella" with 4F, fell by 4T, but after mistakes she did not make any mistakes - she made a cascade 4L + oiler + 3C, 4L + 3T and two more clean triple jumps. Alexandra received 174.44 points, and the overall result was 258.65.

127A2446

At the press conference, Sasha said that due to a leg injury, she did not go on the ice for three weeks and only a little more than a month ago she began to skate, then jump, slowly recover.

- I'm not in better shape right now. I will try to improve in skating and jumping. I will work on the triple axel. I had it stable at the beginning of the season, but now there were mistakes in training and competitions. Overall I'm happy with this start, but I wanted to skate the short and free skate better. I'll work. I hope everything will turn out well at the European Championships," Sasha said.

 127A2635

Defending world champion Anna Shcherbakova,unfortunately, fell on the first jump - 4F, but performed six clean triples. Anya became the fourth in the free program with 158.10 points, and in total scored 239.56, having booked a place in the top three.

Answering journalists' questions, the athlete made it clear that the main rival at each competition is herself.

- I never had the goal of beating anyone in particular. When I went out as an adult, I just tried to show my best. I have maintained this approach, regardless of the opponents. I'm happy with the short program, and the free skate didn't go a bit. I will try to learn from this, understand what to work on next and correct mistakes, - said Anna.

127A3179

Debutante of the adult championship of Russia Adelia Petrosyan became the author of another sensation. The 14-year-old skater performed two 4Ps in the free skate, writing her name in history as the first athlete to "conquer" the quadruple Rittberger in competition. At the end of the championship, Adelia took fourth place (233.97 points).

- I'm happy with my free skate, two quadruple Rietbergers were successful, which I'm also very happy about. We will now prepare for the Championship of Russia among juniors, - said the athlete.

127A2368

For the first time, the figure skater tried to skate the free skate with two quadruple Rietbergers at the fifth stage of the Russian Cup in Perm in November. But then the judges noted the undertwistings on the cascade and solo rietberger. In St. Petersburg, Adelia managed to rectify the situation, here is what she said:

- I started to get a quadruple Rietberger about three months ago, and we decided to insert it into the free program. At the time, I had problems with the quadruple toe loop, so they tried the Rietberger. In Perm, I had the same set of elements, but here it turned out to be cleaner.

Adelia did not hide the fact that she was a little worried at the debut adult championship.

"I had excitement here, because this is the adult championship of Russia and I wanted to conform," the athlete said.

Sofia Samadelkina,who also started for the first time at the senior national championship, went for three quads in the free skate, but only 4C + 2T was performed cleanly. On the quadruple lutz and the second quadruple salchow, the judges noted underturns. The student of Sergey Davydov took the fifth place, scoring 233.09 points.

127A2913

- I'm glad I was able to skate the free skate cleanly. For me, the most important thing was to do three difficult elements in the second half of the program... I performed right after Sasha (Trusova) and was rooting for her, I didn't even think much about myself. I am very happy for Anya and for Camilla too. It doesn't hurt me, I didn't count on a pedestal, I just wanted to skate my program cleanly. Then I have the Russian Junior Championships, where I want to show three or more quadruple jumps and skate the short one well," Sofia said.

Sofia Muravyeva, who took third place after the short program, eventually finished the championship in 6th place with 230.31 points. The athlete declared two 3A in the free program and the first in the cascade with 2T made a plus. All non-jumping elements, except for the Level 3 track, were rated fourth levels of difficulty.

127A2955

The 2015 world and European champion, the silver medalist of the 2021 World Championship Elizaveta Tuktamysheva had nothing to lose in the free skate, and the athlete tried to skate in pleasure - she jumped two 3A, five triples, "finishing" seventh with 224.40 points.

- I was much calmer today. My head was clearer, my body was more confident. The main thing for me was to jump the first two trixels. When I did, I was so happy that I almost fell. I had a special choreographic sketch to amuse people and myself too. Then I went on the drive, and all the jumping elements were done well. The only thing on the courage was the last spin. Everything I could, I did, that's the main thing. It's over, I want to rest.

127A1955

Speaking about the short program and the mood for the free skate, Lisa admitted:

- The short program was not a disappointment. It was a ride with an error on the triple axel, but with the current competition, it's a serious mistake. I won't say I beat myself up for it. Just survived that day. And it's always easier to go to an arbitrary one.

Of the 18 Russian women participating in the 2022 Russian Championship in St. Petersburg, 10 declared and performed in the free programs jumps in four turns and 3A - Valieva, Trusova, Shcherbakova, Petrosyan, Samodelkina, Tuktamysheva, Muravyeva, Sinitsyn, Khromykh and Zinin. Maya Khromykh with a mark, but coped with 4C and cleanly made a cascade of 4T + 3T. The athlete was more annoyed that 3P did not turn out, and so appreciated the start at the national championship:

- On the plus side - I didn't fall off the salchow. In training, I was able to do it or not, and I'm glad that I managed to gather here. I'm glad I was going to the toe loop and very upset that I fell off the rietberger, there are just no words here. I'm upset that I didn't show my maximum in the short. And in the arbitrary one, you have to do something with rietberger, get rid of all these mistakes. This isn't the first time I've ripped it off, so it's no coincidence. Perhaps some memories from past starts resurface... In general, we urgently need to knock this out of ourselves and work," Maya said.

On Sunday, the coaching council and the executive committee of the FFKKR will announce the composition of the Russian team for the European Championship, which will be held in January in Tallinn. Participants of the national championship Adelia Petrosyan, Sofia Samadelkina and Sofia Muravyeva are not yet able to perform at adult international competitions due to their age.

Press conference on the results of the competition

in women's singles:

Results of the competition:

https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/2122/rusnat2122/RUS/CAT002RS.HTM

https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/2122/rusnat2122/RUS/SEG004.HTM

https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/2122/rusnat2122/RUS/e__Scores.pdf

Broadcast of the competition on the First Channel:

https://www.1tv.ru/sport/chempionat-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-2022/proizvolnaya-programma/zhenshiny-proizvolnaya-programma-polnaya-versiya-chempionat-rossii-po-figurnomu-kataniyu-2022

Photo by Mikhail SHAROV and Tatiana FLADE

No comments:

Post a Comment