Sunday, November 28, 2021

Russian women took the entire podium at the Grand Prix in Sochi: Kamila Valieva won with world records, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - the second, Maya Khromykh - the third

Russian Kamila Valieva dominated the sixth stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix series in Sochi, winning with an advantage of 40 points. Student Eteri Tutberidze scored 272.71 points for the free skate and set new benchmarks in the women's world single skating. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva won silver (229.23), Maya Khromykh – bronze (219.69). All three Russian women qualified for the Grand Prix final.

 G1A5985

To the music of Ravel "Bolero" Kamila Valieva set the tone from the first second of the free skate. The 15-year-old athlete easily

performed a quadruple salchow, a cascade - quadruple toe loop + triple toe loop, a quadruple toe loop - an oiler - a double salchow, a triple axel, as well as four triple, complex rotations and a track to the fourth level. The 2020 World Junior Champion broke her own achievement in the free skate, scoring 185.29 points, and scored a total of 272.71 points, setting world records.

"I'm very happy that today I managed to skate almost well. There was one small mistake when I made a double salx instead of a triple salx, so that's not my maximum. I'm glad I was able to go out and show what we were working on. I enjoyed it today," Kamila said.

 

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva performed a triple axel - double toe loop, triple lutz - triple toe loop, as well as four more triple jumps in her program to modern oriental music. The only mark was a step-out on the second triple axel. For the free program, Lisa received 149.13 points and became the third, but in total for the two programs she retained second place with 229.23 points.

 G1A5903

"I managed to fulfill my goal of qualifying for the Grand Prix final," Lisa said. - Today the rental was not so gorgeous: my legs were tired, apparently, I have not yet fully recovered from the illness. I had to fight for the elements, I think it was visible and did not get a wow effect. In the second part of the program, I calmed down, it was better. But the emotions are still positive, I try to gain confidence from start to start and show clean skating. I think we've successfully inserted a 3-3 cascade. I made it clean, but without a good ride - I immediately went into the steps. But overall, I did. The only thing is that Axel, of course, let me down a little. But I fought for all the jumps, and I think the audience and the judges saw that. I'm still happy because the skating wasn't bad and after this tough week I'm making it to the Grand Prix final. Now I just want to rest and sleep," said the silver medalist of the 2021 World Championships.

 

Under the compositions "Buenas Aires Hora Cero" and "El Tango de Roxanne", Maya Khromykh jumped a cascade - quadruple toe loop - double toe loop and six triple. And only on the solo quadruple toe loop did the Crystal skater make a mistake. The silver medalist of the Grand Prix in Italy updated her personal record - 154.97 points and scored a total of 219.69, rising from fifth place after the short program to second in the free skate.

 G1A5598

"I am happy that I was able to correct the mistakes made in Italy. The landing of the second quadruple toe loop was blurry, but I'm glad I was able to get ready after yesterday's short program and show almost my maximum," the skater said.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/CAT002RS.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/SEG004.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/FSKWSINGLES-----------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Photo by Maria EVTEEVA and Julia KOMAROVA

In total, at the stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix series in Sochi, Russian skaters won 8 medals (3 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze). The winners of the competition were Kamila Valieva, Anastasia Mishina - Alexander Gallyamov and Victoria Sinitsina - Nikita Katsalapov. Silver went to Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Mikhail Kolyada and Daria Pavlyuchenko – Denis Khodykin. Bronze medals were won by Maya Khromykh and Yasmina Kadyrova by Ivan Balchenko. In Sochi, Kamila Valieva updated all three world achievements in women's single skating, scoring 87.42 points for the short program, 185.29 points for the free skating program and 272.71 points in total.

figure skating rostelecom cup 2021

CONGRATULATIONS

winners and prize-winners of competitions,

coaches, teams!

Health, happiness and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment