Sunday, November 28, 2021

Mikhail Kolyada became the silver medalist of the Grand Prix in Sochi, the victory was won by Maurice kvitelashvili

The bronze medalist of the European Championship Maurice kvitelashvili won the sixth stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix series and inscribed his name in the history of figure skating, winning the first ISU Grand Prix title for Georgia. The student of Eteri Tutberidze, Sergey Dudakov and Daniil Gleichenhaus scored 266.33 points in two programs and was ahead of the Russian Mikhail Kolyada (264.64), who rose from 4th place after the short program, and the Japanese Kazuki Tomuno (264.19), who was leading after the first day of the competition, who was content with bronze.

  1. Evgeny Semenenko finished the Sochi Grand
Prix in 6th place (246.66), Mark Kondratyuk became the 8th (231.88).

In his program to "Fly Me to the Moon" and "My Way", Mauricey performed a quadruple salchov + double toe loop, triple axel, quadruple toe loop + triple toe loop, and then three more triples. The only major mistake was on the solo quadruple toe loop. Maurice was third in the free skate with a score of 170.96 points, but eventually climbed to the top step of the podium.

At the press conference, Mauricey thanked all the rivals for the competition, sports wrestling.

"Not everything worked out in my program, but I tried very hard, struggled and was happy to be on the pedestal," Kvitelashvili commented. - I have only now realized and can formulate that not only me, but also other skaters of the Georgian team, we are making history. At the Olympic Games in Beijing, we will have a full team, and this is also the first time."

127A8812

Mikhail Kolyada, who won silver at the Grand Prix in Sochi, did not start his program very confidently under the "Schindler's List" - he fell on a quadruple salchow and made a mistake on the first quadruple toe loop. However, I gathered my way, made a quadruple toe loop cascade - a triple toe loop, two triple axels, as well as three more triple jumps, rotations and a track to the fourth level. Kolyada won the free skate with 180.16 points and climbed to second place with an overall score of 264.64 points. The second silver medal at the stages of the Grand Prix of the season guaranteed the student of Alexei Mishin a "ticket" to the final. In the top six finalists in Osaka, Mikhail Kolyada will be the only Russian singles player in the men's competition.

"After this start, I have mixed feelings. Something worked, something didn't, - said Mikhail. - I think the final will be very interesting, because I love Japan and I like to perform there, the fans are amazing. My coaches and I have some new ideas for future competitions that we will try to implement. Thank God, I managed to recover from the illness (the athletes of Alexei Mishin's group after the Canadian Grand Prix missed the start in Graz – approx.). Everything is normal, I was not worried about my health today," Mikhail Kolyada admitted.

Kazuki Tomuno performed a quadruple toe loop to music from the film "La La Land" - a quadruple toe loop, another quadruple toe loop, as well as a triple axel - oiler - triple salchow. But the clean skate could not be shown - the Japanese skater fell on the second axel, and his quadruple salchow was a little underwistered. Tomono was fifth in the free skate, but eventually finished third.

"I am very happy about the medal, but when I was on the podium, I was still disappointed, even shocked. I think because yesterday after the short program I had a chance to become the first, - the figure skater admitted.

127A8587

Evgeny Semenenko took the sixth place (246.66 points). A student of Tatiana and Alexei Mishin began his ride powerfully with three quadruples - a quadruple toe loop - a triple toe loop, a quadruple salchow and another quadruple toe loop. Zhenya also jumped three triples, but apparently fatigue took its toll by the end of the program - the skater fell on the second triple axel and flip.

"There were some difficulties, health problems. I think I didn't cope with the programs here. There were errors in the short, and gross, and in the arbitrary one did not hold up. In Canada, I got injured in training a day or two before the short program. They could put me on my feet literally before the competition, and before that I was lying down and could not even turn on my side. After the stage in Vancouver there was a break for about a week, healed the injury. And this morning at the training I still pulled my neck, it was unpleasant, "the figure skater explained. Nevertheless, the athlete admitted that physically he has recovered and will prepare for the national championship.

127A8091

Mark Kondratyuk rose from 11th place to the final 8th, receiving 231.88 points. The debutant at the Grand Prix series made a "butterfly" on the first toe loop, but then performed two quadruple salchows and six triples, but not all departures were of high quality.

"Of course I was worried about this Grand Prix. There were not the most pleasant thoughts after the short program, but I tried to drive them away and prepare as if nothing had happened. In fact, I didn't feel any particular pressure. On the contrary, when I found out that I got the Grand Prix in Sochi, I felt more of anticipation than excitement. But there have been some problems over the past month. While they were being solved, there was no time to prepare properly. But I don't want to make excuses. Today I rolled more or less, and yesterday I could have performed better. I do not think that we will complicate anything by the Russian Championship, but we would not like to facilitate the program either, - said Mark.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/CAT001RS.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/SEG002.htm

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/gprus2021/FSKMSINGLES-----------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Photo by Mikhail SHAROV and Olga ERMOLINA

No comments:

Post a Comment